Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CATCHING BACK UP

      So I know I have neglected my blog for awhile but I do have an excuse.  As I mentioned before, I had a terrible allergic rash that was all over my body.  I thought I was going nuts because I itched all over and it never went away.  My chiropractor suggested that I do a detox diet for 7-10 day that consisted of a liquid medical food that I drank 5 times a day and then I could have one green veggie for that day.  Now I could eat as much of that veggie as I wanted, but only that veggie for that day.  I went to my chiropractor today and he gave me a thumbs up for an 8 day detox and am on to the 2nd phase of the diet.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done and have given up many things that are bad for me but were my little treat for the day.  I have had to look at my diet in a whole new way and learn to treat myself without food. 
     I now am following a diet that has no hormones and no antiobiotics for the protein source or for the dairy source and organic as much as possible.  I am learning, learning, learnng.  So I thought I would share a simple yet effective veggie and fruit wash I found on the internet. 

Fruit and Veggis Wash

1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. baking soda
1 cup water.

Mix together and put in a spray bottle to use to wash your fruits and veggies.

     I love it and it is a frugal idea as the washes in the store are at least $5.00.
     I do have pictures from pizza night that I will share soon and many more diet ideas.  As well as a promise to keep writing on the blog more frequently.
    
     Until next time!!!   JJ

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things went well...Hope this all works it's self out soon for ya.

    ReplyDelete